Not sure when woman’s day is but thought of writing this post as a tribute to all the women I know!! The “I” below does not always literally refer to me but to all the women I know particularly my mother, mother in law, my sister my friends and others in my family.
Ten reasons I am proud of being a woman
1. My parents brought me up without making me feel inferior to boys.
2. I am the mother of a most beautiful child coincidentally a girl.
3. I am blessed to be married to a man who firmly believes that women are capable of more than just cooking and looking after kids and has never prevented me from doing anything I wanted to just because I am a woman.
4. I have the inborn ability to adapt to any situation a quality rarely seen in men. How else would you explain the tradition of women leaving their parents home after marriage and not men?
5. If I set my mind to it I can achieve anything I want.
6. I can do everything a man does and much more. So while men can only scale heights at their workplace but act like a piece of furniture at home women can handle work and yet come home and fix a meal, do other chores read the kids a bedtime story and put them to sleep before calling it a day.
7. I love my parents in a way no son can love.
8. I am compassionate and thoughtful and emotional.
9. I have the ability to multitask, so I can brush my child’s teeth and prepare breakfast at the same time.
10. I am selfless when it comes to my family, the “me” is given the least priority.